Accounting · Administrative · Advertising/Marketing · Bookkeeping · Call Center · Clerical · Customer Service
Executive Recruitment · Finance · Healthcare · Human Resources · IS/IT · Management · Medical Billing · Sales · Special Projects … and more!
THE EXETER AREA CHAMBER OF COMMERCE IS SEEKING A PRESIDENT
The Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce boasts a membership of 400+ and represents 10 communities. It provides its members with a chance to reach new clients by giving them the means to promote their businesses in a personal manner. Numerous networking opportunities enable members to maintain a competitive edge by helping them to make new business contacts while strengthening existing ones.
The EACC also works hard to represent the legislative and economic interests (on the local, state or federal level) of our member businesses, and stays abreast of, and lobbies against, any issues that may adversely affect them.
Responsibilities of the President include, but are not limited to, membership recruitment and retention, fundraising, strategic business planning, budget oversight, management of Chamber staff and issues advocacy.
To be considered for this position, please forward a resume & cover letter stating your past experiences, how they relate to this position and how they would provide for the future success of the Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce.
Email your resume to Anastasia Childs with Staffing Sense for consideration:
JOB TITLE President
SCHEDULE FT, 8:30-5:00pm, Monday – Friday, though flexibility is a must; early mornings, nights and weekends are often required
Provide leadership, vision, strategic thinking and implementation for the Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce. Responsibilities of the President include but are not limited to, membership recruitment and retention, fundraising, strategic business planning, management of Chamber staff, budget oversight, operation of a shared professional workspace for members, issues advocacy on local and state levels. The position requires total dedication, a hands-on approach to daily operations management and the ability to act as the primary spokesperson for the Chamber and its membership.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree; concentration in business administration, marketing or communications preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in executive level management, business development/sales, and/or marketing; nonprofit experience preferred
- Chamber of Commerce or trade association experience preferred
- Proven ability to focus on strategic goals
- Proven experience in budget preparation, management and reporting
- Successful experience in building a marketing plan, managing its implementation and evaluating results.
- Successful experience in oversight and development of professional staff
- Proven success with acquisition, development, service to and retention of members/customers
- Experience in working with and reporting to a Board of Directors
- Successful committee organization and oversight
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers
- Proven success in event production experience
- High level of professional and personal integrity
- Ability to create and effectively communicate vision
- High quality standards, sound judgement and good problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership skills to motivate and inspire others to reach a higher goal
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; prior public speaking experience required
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus among a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships with City, State, education, industry and business leaders
- Strong financial acumen (strategic view/funding needs).
- Ability to design, interpret and communicate information and reporting
- Fluent in use of Microsoft Office Suite software required. Knowledge of QuickBooks, social media platforms for business and ChamberMaster a plus
- Adapts readily to changing demands
- Maintains composure under pressure
- Maintains overall effectiveness during change
- Considers organizational impact when making decisions
- Assimilates and becomes part of the community
- Proves initiative in being proactive in all assets of the Chamber
- This position requires Effective communication to membership and board on a continual basis
Pay: Base salary along with performance based bonus commensurate with experience and results
Interview Process: Resume review, Phone Screening, Candidate Skill Evaluation Exercise & Multi-Step In Person Interviews