Accounting · Administrative · Advertising/Marketing · Bookkeeping · Call Center · Clerical · Customer Service
Executive Recruitment · Finance · Healthcare · Human Resources · IS/IT · Management · Medical Billing · Sales · Special Projects … and more!
We are looking for an experienced Speech and Language Pathologist to provide family-centered, transdisciplinary, early intervention services (evaluation, assessment, direct services, consultation and service coordination) for infants, toddlers, preschoolers and their families. These services, utilizing best practices based in sound research, are provided through a team approach and are primarily home and community-based.
Essential functions of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Maintain and uphold the confidentiality standards for each child, family and program served by Richie McFarland Children’s Center.
2. Possess general knowledge of typical and atypical child development, as well as family-centered care, possess in-depth knowledge of hearing, communication, and language.
3. Participate in eligibility evaluations and developmental assessments and provide timely and accurate write ups of activities which include but are not limited to: hearing, communication; understanding of language; language acquisition; expressive language; pragmatics; articulation and phonology; oral motor; breath control; swallowing; augmentative and alternative communication equipment; cognition; and play.
4. Consult to family, staff, and/or related team members around speech therapy concerns when appropriate.
5. Participate in the Individual Family Support Plan (IFSP) process around speech and language objectives and strategies.
6. Provide direct speech therapy treatment in accordance with the IFSP through both individual and group interventions at the center and in the community, including home visiting.
7. Appropriately maintain and manage a child’s behavior to ensure his/her safety.
8. Provide appropriate and timely documentation for all direct service, consultation, and family, staff, and/or related team member activities.
9. Provide input to family, staff, and/or related team members around equipment needs, appropriate toys, activities, etc. which will optimize a child’s acquisition, understanding, hearing, production, and expression of language.
10. Informally assess family/caregiver learning style and provide information and/or feedback in a manner most meaningful for that family.
11. Participate in a transdisciplinary approach with other team members for comprehensive services for children.
12. Knowledge and ability to work with insurance companies and primary care physicians to advocate for the child and family to meet identified needs.
13. Participate in quality assurance initiatives that include program development and evaluation efforts.
14. Practice universal precautions.
15. Maintain knowledge of and practice within the guidelines as set forth by the agency.
16. All other duties as required.
· A master’s degree in speech and language pathology from an accredited college or university
· Maintenance of a New Hampshire State license.
· Certificate of Clinical Competency and/or CFY participation
· Membership in the American Speech and Hearing Association is desired
· Maintain valid CPR and First Aid Certification for Infant/ Child
· Maintain valid driver’s license and auto insurance coverage of an inspected and registered vehicle
· Basic computer skills: word processing, data entry, email and internet use
· Possess an NPI number; credentialed through CAQH; and willingness to become an in-network provider for various insurance companies
Salary depends on experience.
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please include "Speech and Language Pathologist" in the subject line of your email.
The job description contained herein is written in accordance with I.D.E.A. Federal Law Part C, NH State Law He-M 510, Family-Centered Early Supports and Services, and NH State Law He-M 203, Procedural Safeguards for Family-Centered Early Supports and Services. A copy of these laws will be made available to any individual upon request. In addition, this job description in accordance with the American Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act and Title 7 Standards as Richie McFarland Children’s Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.